Student Financial Aid
If you are considering continuing your education, apply for federal and state financial aid to attend community college for little to no cost through the California Promise Grant and Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) programs. 

The California Promise Grant waives students’ per-unit enrollment fee (currently $46) at any community college throughout the state.

FAFSA: If you are on probation, parole, or living in a halfway house, you may be eligible for federal student aid. But, if you were convicted of a drug-related offense or if you are subject to an involuntary civil commitment for a sexual offense, your eligibility may be limited.

When you complete the FAFSA form, for federal student aid, you will be asked whether you had a drug conviction for an offense that occurred while you were receiving federal student aid. If the answer is yes, you will be provided a worksheet to help you determine whether your conviction affects your eligibility for federal student aid. 

If you have been convicted of a forcible or nonforcible sexual offense, and you are subject to an involuntary civil commitment upon completion of a period of incarceration for that offense, you cannot receive a Federal Pell Grant.

Even if you are ineligible for federal aid, you should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form, because most schools and states use FAFSA information to award nonfederal aid, and you might be able to get some of those funds.